Eye Care & Research Centre will launch the proposed project on February 3, 2014, the 91st birth day of the late Rev. Fr. Gerard Beckers S.J. a great philanthropist, social worker, teacher, former Professor of St.Xaviers College, Calcutta and Founder-President, Eye Care & Research Centre.
Under this scheme, any school may accept membership of ‘Father Becker's Eye Care Initiative’ at ECRC for all its students by paying annual subscription of Rs.30 only per student. The students of the member school will enjoy the following benefits:
- Free eye check-up once a year at ECRC.
- Free spectacles, if necessary.
- Initial consultation for any eye ailment at ECRC on any working day during the year will be free off cost.
- Further investigations, treatment and surgery if needed will be arranged at ECRC at subsidised rates.
- 'Family Registration Card' will be offered to the parents/guardians of the students with which the family members of the students will get eye care services at ECRC at concessional rates.
Eye Care & Research Centre solicits support of all concerned, particularly the teachers and staff of schools for successful implementation of ‘Father Beckers Eye Care Initiative’ for prevention of childhood blindness and visual impairment.